Private and Group Offerings
Personalized Private and Group Music Classes streaming live from Ann Arbor, MI. Available world-wide.
What would you like to do today? John specializes in project-based, student led instruction that seeks to foster knowledge, understanding, and confidence in music making. There are three options available to fit your needs:
1. Weekly Private One-On-One Lessons, (half hour or hour available) - From skill building to developing your own creative process, Lessons with John are based on your goals as a musician and tailored to your specific needs. *All private students will receive a premium Soundtrap.com student account.
Common goals for private lesson students:
Be able to play guitar around a campfire.
Supplement school music classes and/or performance group.
Learn how to write and produce music using technology.
Learn to play the drumset.
Learn how to accompany other musicians/jam with others.
READY TO SCHEDULE A LESSON? CLICK HERE!
2. Group Lessons, (Weekly One Hour) - Playing and developing your musicianship with others is one of the most effective ways to learn. Group lessons provide a less intensive form of study than the one-on-one lessons. Grab a group of friends, family members, or complete strangers with the same interests. Minimum of 3 participants. *This is also the most cost effective form of lessons available.
Popular Group Classes (or you can make your own):
Forming/Developing a new band, (Drumset, Guitar, Keyboard, Vocals etc.)
World music fusion Class
3. **NEW** Project Mentoring Package - For the student who has a project in mind, but needs some mentoring, tools and resources to get it started and see it through. Includes: (4) one-on-one mentoring sessions for your musical project development, a premium seat in John's Soundtrap.com virtual studio, a network of musicians to collaborate with, and opportunities to publish and/or showcase your work.
Past Personalized Projects:
Write, arrange and record a song for a special person in your life. (Beginning to Advanced)
Engineer a recording of a popular song where you play every instrument. (Advanced)
Re-Mix of a popular song(s). (Beginning/Intermediate)
Prepare a piece of music for a performance. (Beginning-Advanced)
Compose custom music for a YouTube channel (Beginning-Advanced)
*All ages, instruments, and skill levels welcome.
|Private One-On-One (Half hour weekly)||$40/week|
|Private One-On-One (One hour weekly)||$80/week|
|Group Class (One Hour weekly, 3 person minimum)||$30/person/week|
|Project Mentoring Package||$200|
Ready to begin? Fill out the Contact Form on this page!
Group Tabla Classes
All ages and skill levels welcome.
Enrollment includes 1-4 hours of available lessons/week.
About the teacher
- Certified Michigan Music educator
- BFA in World Music Performance from California Institute of the Arts
- Masters in Music Education from the University of Michigan
- Member of NAfME, MSBOA, APME, and ISME
- Two time GRAMMY nominated music educator
- Presented, performed and taught all over the world.
- Educational philosophy centered around student ownership, self discovery, and self realization.
- John's teaching style is based on guiding students through a process of music making that allows them to create, question, discover and develop their unique process of music making.
- John's students have won both regional and national recognition for their composition of original music.
- Decades of experience with students of all ages and developmental levels.
Fill out the form below if you are interested in lessons or classes taught by John.